I work on projects that mix computing and physics - I have a pile of experience as a software engineer, but my education, way back in the day, was as an astronomer. And it was research in astronomy that first took me to Chile, where I now live. So I telecommute from Santiago, working with companies in the USA and UK. Currently I'm part of a small team developing software related to geophysics - I guess you could call it a consultancy, but really we're just people that understand what you need and then - importantly! - make it.
Some of my favourite answers:
- Exploring constraint programming
- Converting recursion to iteration with Python generators
- Tiling pipes
- Correlated random numbers
- Matching integer ranges with regexps
In every case I learnt something new, which is what's so good about this site :)
Top Network Posts
- 332Getting only response header from HTTP POST using curl
- 44Dictionaries of dictionaries merge
- 38Understanding __get__ and __set__ and Python descriptors
- 35Matplotlib: draw grid lines behind other graph elements
- 28Why do I see "define not defined" when running a Mocha test with RequireJS?
- 27Convert from ASCII string encoded in Hex to plain ASCII?
- 27Removing control chars (including console codes / colours) from script output
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.